Thursday, January 3, 2013

About Me

Hello World! This is my first post on this blog.

I recently joined many other aspiring writers in a Google Community which is part of the G+ experience. If you have not joined G+, I encourage you to do so in the near future.

Part of what this first post is supposed to be (and by all rights should be) is an introduction to me. If you will bear with me, I will point out a few obvious things, and some that are not obvious.

First,I like to write, and have enjoyed writing as a pastime since I was about 10 years old. My first story was rather short, and about a man who must take the place of Death, who like all things must at some point expire. Nothing lasts forever, or does it? I am sure that if you were to ask Aristotle if his writings would survive time, many wars, and the introduction of many other Philosophies he would have told you that he was dubious. But as we all breathe, his writings have become preferred literature.

Second, I love to read. This one is hard to date, because I do not remember a time when I could not read. According to my mother, I took to reading before Kindergarten and have not looked back since. My favorite genre's are Sci-Fi, Mysteries, Thrillers, and Horror, but I also read many biographies and histories. I am a bibliophile and have collected books all of my life. And you need not wonder if Comics were cherished, because they were and still are.

I also happen to be a political junkie, and I consider myself a moderate, but I will not be posting anything of that nature here.

I am also a banjo, guitar, mandolin, bass, and dobro player and Bluegrass Music is in my blood. My father, who recently passed away, shared with me his love of this music giving me a gift that no one else could. He was a banjo player, and was very good...to the point that he passed up many chances to play for some pretty well known and popular artists in the 60's and 70's. Coursing through my veins is also eclectic mix of Celtic, Folk, Blues, and Big Band music, which I can only assume flavors my own musical compositions. Perhaps you will hear or read some of them here.

Lastly, but by no means the end of my bio, I am movie fan. Not just someone who likes to watch movies, but someone who could spend his life doing nothing but watch movies...especially the old classic B&W movies that many people shy away from. My favorite movie is Casablanca, and like many other fanatics, I believe that 1939 was the best year in history. You will most certainly find articles here about classic movies and classic TV.

I will be devoting my time here to writing about the things I enjoy, and the journey up till now that has provided my life with a love of these things. Of course you will probably find a few of my writings as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment